Spring is here. We think.
1) The Zoo
Edmonton Valley Zoo is open – and it is a beautiful walk across the bridge from Hawrelak Park. Visit the zoo this Easter weekend. Details
Open on Easter Weekend from 10:00 AM -4:00 PM Regular Admission.
2) New Market on Whyte: The Elephant in the Room – April 17 & 18
The Old Army and Navy store is opening its doors to a new market series. The Whyte Elephant Market sale is similar to a garage sale and will feature local vendors, vintage and repurposed products, with some delicious eats.
3) Restaurant – Thanks to Bobby and Rick for this Local Pizza Recommendation
I know your family likes to try new restaurants.
I came upon The Red Swan Pizza at 10046 82 Ave; 780-249-7926; https://redswanpizza.ca/
Mon-Wed can order special of 3 x 12 inch for $29.99
We had the chicken alfredo, Italian and the All meat pizza.
This is the first time I have eaten 4 pieces in one sitting!
We both agreed it was very good.
4) Unusual Evening Skies
April 16 – 25: Shooting Stars
The annual Lyrid meteor shower is expected to be in view starting on April 16th – although experts suspect the best viewing date will be April 19th when the meteors will be most active.
April 26: The Moon is Pink
Head over to Elk Island (or try from the lights of the city) to look up at the pink moon which will be visible at 11:33 p.m.
5) Earth Day – April 22: Spring Clean-Up
– Like last year, Windsor Park will launch a weekend of neighbourly involvement. The EFCL is providing gloves, bags and grabbers to make the clean-up of our neighbourhood safe and fun. This project was enthusiastically supported last spring, and many still have the “grabbers” that were distributed. If you would like a kit delivered to your home, please contact Marilyn Gaa at email@example.com or 780 432 7660. If you wish to participate but do not need the (limited quantity of) supplies, please inform Marilyn so that we can boast about the number of volunteers. Concentrate your clean-up efforts on public spaces, playgrounds and parks, roads, and alleys to beautify Windsor Park !
6) New Cafe – Green Ash Cafe – 8903 83 Ave NW
Open 8 A.M.- 4 P.M. Monday thru Saturday. Closed Sunday and Holidays.
The newly bloomed Green Ash Cafe resides in a beautifully renovated home in the Bonnie Doon neighbourhood, and even though it just opened, it holds a lot of promise! Find a beautifully visual menu on their Instagram page, which promises things as classic as a turkey B.L.T., and as unusual as a zucchini waffle grilled cheese! Support Local, and have fun! https://www.instagram.com/greenashcafe/