Good Morning Windsor Park Neighbours,
Thank you everyone for your kind notes and Easter wishes, I really appreciate them!
I have the following Social, Security, and Good News on recent and future events:
– Easter Egg Hunt Results and Thank you: Special thanks go out to key organizer, Prof. Andie Palmer, UofA Anthropology Professor and long-time Windsor Park resident! This event was so successful at spreading joy across the entire neighbourhood, it may become an Annual Easter Tradition! Here’s some Quick Stats and a Note:
Stats: We had at least 60 Windsor Park homes decorated in support of the season and the 30 children (and families) enjoying the hunt!
Note: From a Neighbour regarding the hunt: “Yesterday I had the most wonderful experience of being able to trade waves with a little boy and girl as they passed my window. A great big virtual hug to them from me. They know who they are. Thanks!!” More Easter Egg Hunt News are listed at the bottom of this email.
– Thursday “Windsor Park Wine-Tasting from Home” Plans: We are also pleased to see that the plans for this inaugural event are going well! There are only 5 spots remaining for the Thursday tasting – so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join in. (more details below)
– Security Issue: A Shed Break-in occurred yesterday, thankfully nothing stolen as the bikes were locked up. Please do continue to ensure all valuables are safely registered and secured – and thanks for reporting any issues to the police and through email@example.com
– Government Matching Charitable Donations for COVID Response: Starting on April 15, the Alberta government will match donations “dollar for dollar” to charities that are responding to the pandemic, up to $2 million province-wide. Any donations to the below charities by May 31 will be matched by the province:
- United Way of the Capital Region – Local Love in a Global Crisis Campaign
- Edmonton Community Foundation – COVID Rapid Response Fund
- Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta – Better Together COVID-19 Response Fund/Community Kitchen and Food Bank Fund
– and thanks to Ron and Christine, for recommending: Some More Good News (15 million views) by John Krasinski (a favourite and kind TV Star)
See below for further details on the news. Please continue replying to this email, and/or connecting with your Neighbourhood and Block Connectors – sharing your ideas and suggestions..
..and again Thank you all, for being such great neighbours,
Windsor Park Neighbour, Past-President, and Communications Director