Dear Windsor Park Families,
Thank you for helping make the Great Windsor Park Easter Egg Hunt a fabulous success!According to what we have heard from the Easter egg hunters, at least 60 families in Windsor Park decorated their homes in support of this event. We had 30 children sign up, and we and the Bunny have received handwritten letters, lists of houses where eggs have been spied, photographs of smiling egg hunters and their favorite decorations, and even an Excel spreadsheet!
All children who have sent word of their successful hunt to the WPCL Easter Bunny’s social secretary at <email@example.com> have received their coupons for treats, which they can pick up at the University (Faculty) Club as early as Tuesday. The list of egg hunters’ names is being forwarded to the Club, so if you have difficulty printing off the coupon, please don’t worry– it will work out! We’ve included all of the contact information for the Club in the coupons for you.
We are still waiting to hear from children in a few families, so kids, please keep those replies coming, so that we and the Bunny can send you your coupon for a yummy (and peanut-free) treat.
Lots of love from the WPCL ／(^ x ^)＼ and friends.
Reminder – By Popular Demand: Windsor Park Wine-Tasting from Home – Order now, for Thursday Event
We are so pleased that Scott has agreed to offer one of his popular wine-tasting sessions – this time from the comforts of our own homes!
Windsor Park Wine-Tasting from Home
Event Date: Thursday, April 16, 8 pm
Orders Open: Now while quantities last
From Scott Meadows – Windsor Park Neighbour, Sommelier, and Owner of local wine store – Seven Degrees Spirits https://www.sevendegrees.ca/
“I’m inviting you to join me from your home this Thursday evening to taste two interesting Bordeaux wines.
– Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you will be attending. I will deliver two new half-bottles (375 ml) of wine to your door, and send you instructions on how to connect to the tasting through Google Hangouts (AKA Google Meet). The cost is $30 by e-transfer, cash or cheque. Please sign up right away to ensure that I can order the wines and get them to your home in time.
– The wines are the 2015 Clarendelle Rouge: http://www.clarendelle.com/en/la-famille-clarendelle/clarendelle-rouge/ This was an outstanding vintage in Bordeaux. I’m really looking forward to trying it.
– It will be partnered withe the 2018 Clarendelle Blanc: http://www.clarendelle.com/en/la-famille-clarendelle/clarendelle-blanc/ It’s a classic Bordeaux white made from Semillon, Sauvignon blanc and Muscadelle grapes.
– There will be an online presentation about Bordeaux wines and about these wines in particular. I will guide you through the process of creating a high-quality tasting note that effectively communicates your impressions of the wine.
– Note: I will run a pre-meeting audio/video test session on Wednesday, April 15, 7-8 pm for those who are unsure about how to connect using Google Hangouts on your computer
See you soon, and Cheers!”