Windsor Park Amenities
Windsor Park Planning Park Amenities for
The Windsor Park Community League developed an updated park site plan for our neighbourhood park, which was finalized in May 2020. We gratefully acknowledge a Park Planning Grant from the City of Edmonton in 2019 that allowed us to prepare this park plan.
The updated park plan includes space for three amenities that would increase the use of the park by all ages:
- Small Spray Pad and Water Station in the playground area
- Fitness Circuit: 5 fitness stations for a range of ages along the trail through the park
- Garden, Games and Gathering Space: enhancements in the north park (the flower park) that would include low maintenance native and edible plants, games tables, labeling a selection of heritage trees, and rebuilding the retaining wall and stairs.
An Open House was held on March 11, 2020 for community residents and other park users, such as the school, daycare, afterschool program and playschool. The park plan was revised based on the feedback.
A summary of the feedback shows strong community support for all three amenities. Development of the amenities will take place in phases over the next several years.
Phase 1 involves moving forward with Spray Pad and Water Station project and the Tree Labeling project in the north park. League funds have been set aside for these projects, and matching grant funding will be sought for the Spray Pad and Water Station project.
Committees have been formed to work with the City of Edmonton on these projects.
- text for the Park Planning page of the website; the text indicates where to link the other attachments
- the final 2020 park site plan Load map and link to park plan
- the feedback summary from the March 11 Open House link to summary of the feedback